Monday, November 10, 2008

...ten things making me smile...

..1.. a recipe for the perfect halloween

you'll need:

-warm soup
-hot bread
-good beer
-glowing squash
-candy, to taste
-a smoky fire
-good conversation
-and of course silly, excited children

combine and simmer.





..2.. our president-elect. i am honored to have to voted in this historic election. to all the women who went before me, who fought for my rights and my voice, i thank you. to all the civil rights workers who labored, toiled, and died to make this day possible, i am humbled by my small participation. the gravity of this moment is not lost on me.

..3.. birthday love. thank you to all who made my day so special!




..4.. some of my new favorite goodies found here and here and here.

..5.. my first go at making a scarecrow. the tot named him "farmer zuckerman" from charlottes web. :)



..6.. general tao's tofu. mmmmmmmmm.... we substituted the tofu for morning star chik'n (the h was a little scared of the hard stuff) and it was great!




the tot was determined to use chopsticks. let's hear it for ingenuity!



..7.. one of my very favorite sites...




..8.. the gift of stillness. (thank you once again jen!)

..9.. the gift of inspiration.



..10.. a justified fire...

4 comments:

MLS said...

Great list and wonderful photos! (as usual)
lots of love from a tired nans who is going to bed.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:-|

Bumps said...

I have always wondered how I could make chop sticks actually work for me. Thanks for the great idea! Great pictures, very nice blog, and of course great to see your creativity in action. My lvoe to you.

shannon said...

hey! i just found your blog via facebook :)
i think someday we should get our kids together to play. my little one doesn't know any kids in shreveport, so when she's with me she doesn't have anyone to hang out with. She'd love to go the park or something with your kiddo.

oh this is shannon by the way, the friend of Angie's that you met at Lee's a while back :)

Laurel said...

shannon-

awesome! we should definitely get the kiddos together. the tot is all about hanging with the "big girls". ;)

email me sometime:

laurelquinones1@msn.com