Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thank God, it's over.

my personal favorite holiday greeting by tina the seamonster


Christmas. You completely kicked my ass this year. You weren't supposed to do that! Aren't you even familiar with your own adjectives??? Just to remind you, "joy" and "peace" are often used in conjunction with you. I swear! Look at any greeting card section and I guarantee you'll find copious amounts of those two words. You didn't render either of those for me this year! What's up with that?? (although you did render not one, but two 2009 calendars from some artists I adore! I'll admit, that was decent of you.) But let's get real for a second, when the highlight of your Christmas is calendars?!?! Surely you'll agree that there should be more to Christmas then calendar appreciation. So let's work on that next year. I'll try to remember that I don't have superhuman powers and that I'm not capable of 50,000 mind numbing tasks (alright, it wasn't quite that many. but still!) and you just try to not to be such an overbearing, life sucking force of nature. Deal?? We'll see...

3 comments:

Bumps said...

It is amazing how often the "Holy- Day" of celebrating hope and God's prophetic fulfillment of Peace on Earth so often brings just the opposite. It's ironic how we humans can screw up even the most simple of messages. The awesome thing is, that's why Jesus died for us - to redeem all our screw ups and give us hope for the future. I love you sweetie - Dad

Dana K. said...

I felt this way last year...this year was WAY better for the Kangas Family!!!

MLS said...

Okay, Christmas is behind us!!! Let's get this blog on the road again!

no pressure! (uh huh)
xoxo
mom